9.26.2010

Elvis in High School

In November of 1948, the whole Presley family moved to Memphis, Tennessee where Elvis will live for the rest of his life.


He enrolled in to the Humes High School, but surprisingly he had only C from music! Not really good for a future King, right? But, then again he would bring his baby on classes with him. Guitar, of course! He would prove that he had the voice. In early 1950s he started to practice guitar regularly. During his Junior Year he started to stand out more. Most because he grew out his sideburns, and he started to style his hair with rose oil and Vaseline.


In 1953 Elvis entered the talent show. Playing the guitar and singing "Till I Waltz with You Again" he opened the show. Here is how Elvis described that event: ""I wasn't popular in school ... I failed music—only thing I ever failed. And then they entered me in this talent show ... when I came onstage I heard people kind of rumbling and whispering and so forth, 'cause nobody knew I even sang. It was amazing how popular I became after that."

 



By the time he graduated High School in June 1953, Elvis already knew that music is his life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation for you site!Beautiful!
    Enter at Elvis Presley Official Blog for fans
    http://elvis-presley-fanclub.blogspot.com/
    and leave a link to your blog for sending people to this article.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete